The major functions performed by the wing are:
Welfare - I
- To deal with establishment matters of class-IV employees of secretariat sanitary worker, gardener, water carrier, chowkidar, dispatch rider, gate messenger etc.
- Allotment of office accommodation to Ministers/Advisors/Special Assistants to Chief Minister, and Secretariat Department/Offices
- Distribution of mail through Central Dispatch Agency received from Federal Government and Secretariat Departments outside Secretariat Departments in Lahore vicinity (morning and evening)
- Drawing and disbursing officer of the Wing
- To facilitate the arrangement of cabinet and other VIP meetings to be held in the Committee Room of S&GAD
- Payment of utility bills of Punjab Civil Secretariat and Chief Secretary’s Camp Office
- Coordination with Buildings Department regarding additions/alterations in Punjab Civil Secretariat buildings
- Maintenance, beautification and up keeping of Civil Secretariat
- Provision of furniture/fixture, stationery, equipment, telephone facilities and other necessary items to offices of S&GAD
- Provision the facility of Day Care Center for women employees
Welfare - II
- Preparation of annual budget estimates of DDOs of LQ4063 - S&GAD
- Distribution of budget to DDOs of LQ4063 - S&GAD
- Preparation of 1st and 2nd Statement of Excesses & Surrenders of each financial year
- SNE Proposals of all the Wings of S&GAD
- Reconciliation of expenditure figures of all DDOs on monthly basis as well as on yearly basis with the Accountant General, Punjab
- Creation of new posts in S&GAD
- All budgetary/financial matters of Finance Department and to act as FD of Finance Department
- Grant of Honorarium to Officers/Officials of S&GAD
- Holding of Departmental Accounts Committee (DAC) / Special Departmental Accounts Committee (SDAC) / MEFDAC meetings to settle audit/advance paras on the accounts of S&GAD
- Preparation/consolidation of working paper for the Public Accounts Committees (PAC) meetings pertaining to S&GAD, its attached departments and autonomous bodies/special institutions
- Establishment mattes of House Hold Staff of Chief Minister’s Office/Banquet Hall, S&GAD, 90 - SQA & VVIP Punjab Guest House (Gazetted and Non-Gazetted) in addition to above assignments
- Administrative matters of Punjab Government Servants Housing Foundation (PGSHF)
- Administrative Department of Overseas Pakistanis Commission (OPC), Lahore, Punjab
Welfare - III
- Establishment matters of household staff Chief Minister's Office/banquent hall/ VVIP guest house S&GAD
- Overall In-charge of construction, repair, renovation and maintenance work at Punjab Civil Secretariat
- Deals with allotments of Residences on the pool of S&GAD
- Deals with allotment of commercial shops / areas in Govt. Colonies / GORs.
- Deals with the Rent matters of these Residences.
- Deals with the Litigation cases of these Residences.
- Deals with ejectment of unauthorized occupants from these Residences.
- Rent matters of GOR-I and related issues.
- Possession / vacation of Houses in GOR-I.
- Oversee VIP fights